If you are already into dancing, you know how a warm up is imperative. Dance is an excellent combination of exercise and expression. Dance needs a fit body; rather it makes the body fit and flexible as it includes several muscular activities. To bring out the desired grace in the movement and to also avoid any injury, dancers need to warm up. Most ballroom dance classes in OKC include a warm-up session for the learners before they start with the actual dance class.
There are several benefits to this short span of warm-up; which is why it is included in ballroom dance classes in OKC. The benefits include:
1. The human body reacts in a positive way when you involve your body in a warm-up. It is a fantastic booster for the muscles, blood and the metabolism.
2. When you exercise before dancing, the oxygen-rich blood flows fast to all body parts and it rejuvenates the inner strength.
3. Dance incorporates lots of movements and for this, you need flexible muscles. Warmed-up muscles increase the elasticity in the body and therefore, there is less chance for injuries. The contraction and relaxation happen faster, making the muscle flexible to move easily.
4. The bloods journey through the muscles speeds up and it releases more oxygen to the cells.
5. For the warm blood and muscles the cooling mechanism prepares the sweat glands for the next action.
6. Warm-up can also affect the hormones to release carbohydrate and fatty acids that fuel up the body.
7. Not only the muscles but also the bone joints are mobilized when warmed up and it increases the synovial fluid.
8. The body becomes capable of raising the pace of nerve impulse transmissions.
The Warm-up Processes
The process incorporates certain steps. Let’s take a look:
Step 1: This is basically the simple rhythmic movements. The span is 10 minutes. It increases the body temperature to 10-20 and also speeds up the blood flow and heart rate.
Step 2: Next, the joints have to be mobilized. It accelerates the normal range of motion.
Step 3: The static stretches come after that. Stretching and holding different postures over 10 minutes with normal breathing as the focus.
Now, you are all set to start your lesson in ballroom dance classes in OKC. Get connected with such associations where these warm-ups are included. 3 Sixty Entertainment is one such reputable dance learning institution where you can get complete training for a mesmerizing performance.