Stunning appearance with a perfect partner, grooving moves, sensational dance steps and a confident attitude are things that will place you in the limelight at a ballroom dance party. If you can feel the existence of a passionate dancer within you but are a little too shy and inexperienced to flaunt your moves, you’re at the right place. Our fun ballroom dance lessons in OKC will boost your confidence of having enough skill to show to the world.
But before you head on to our dance studio, learn about the basics of ballroom dance in nutshell. This will make it even easier to follow your helpful instructors and learn this beautiful form of dance.
Tips Before You Start
1. Poise is the most important attribute of a ballroom dancer. Working on your poise and getting the hang of it will help you boost your confidence and keep the right posture with proper balance, holds and footwork.
2. While working on the basics for ballroom dance lessons in OKC, you should choose easy music and study the moves in a few videos to better understand the genre.
3. Work on the movement of your hips and knees. These are two crucial areas to have control of to make the dance look effortless and fluid.
4. Try to imitate some easy steps and practice them well so that they become ingrained. Knowledge of the basic steps will make it easier to get a grip on further ballroom dance lessons in OKC.
5. If you aren’t comfortable with a step, the people who are watching won’t be comfortable either. Fluidity and grace always attracts viewers. Therefore, remember to relax and work on making your movement more fluid and graceful.
6. Choose an instructor of the opposite gender to teach you the moves properly. As ballroom dancing is a duet dance form, you need to complement your partner and vice versa. A single feeling of discomfort and lack of cooperation can ruin the entire performance.
7. Your instructor for ballroom dance lessons in OKC will describe the importance of proper attire for ballroom dance, but remember, you must be comfortable with what you wear. If not, ask your instructor for a possible alteration.
8. Don’t stress yourself out before learning this form. The dance form needs to become natural to you, and for that, you should be relaxed and stress-free.
Do you know the difference between an average dancer and brilliant one? Both are skilled, and both have great attire and perfect partners, so in how is the former lesser than the latter? It is all about feeling. Dancing requires opening your mind and letting your soul float with a good feeling. Once you start enjoying it, know that you are on the voyage toward achieving excellence.
3Sixty Entertainment Power House offers ballroom dance lessons in OKC that will teach you the skills to help your confidence lead you to enjoy your performance. What else can a dancer ask for?